Thanks for your interest in working with CurvyGirlHealth.com!
CurvyGirlHealth is seeking contributing writers (those who regularly write for us) and associate editors, along with guest contributors (those who submit one-off or every-once-in-a-while pieces of content). We’re looking for smart, sassy creators who are eager to share their insight with our growing community of readers.
Contributing Writers are added to our pool of content creators; they can either respond to topics from the CGH team or suggest their own article topics. Associate Editors are assigned to a team of writers, and are responsible for the first pass of editing for each piece of content from their team.
All positions are currently unpaid, but extraordinary writers and editors will be the first to be considered when the CGH team expands.
Psst: here’s more about our writers guidelines and what we are looking for.
Who we’re looking for:
- CGH seeks writers who are a good match for our voice and style – non-clinical, smart, and occasionally sassy. Reading a CGH article should be like hearing from a savvy girlfriend who is eager to share her knowledge.
- We’re interested in writers who cover topics across the spectrum of physical, mental, and emotional health.
- We love actionable advice, meaningful personal stories with solid takeaways for our readers, and fresh takes on current events in the health field.
Things to consider before submitting articles:
- Do not submit a piece to our editorial team that you wouldn’t be thrilled to publish immediately. Careful editing for grammar, syntax, and structure should happen before we read anything.
- Most of our feature-length pieces are roughly 800-1,000 words long. Shorter, news-based pieces are roughly 200-300 words long.
- We reserve the right to publish. If you would like to use the piece elsewhere, you must have express permission from the CGH team, and we must be credited and linked to.
- We expect writers to share their pieces with their social networks.
- Columnists will be published every two weeks on a scheduled day; drafts will be due one week before scheduled publication.
Interested? Then go ahead, click here for our application!